Amazon Prime Day Is Over! Here's What We Bought
Amazon Prime Day is over. A consumer website tracked thousands of shoppers, and found the top purchases this year included Amazon Fire Sticks, Echo Dots, Frito-Lay variety packs, and Blink doorbell cameras.
Amazon Prime Day is over, here's what we bought: A consumer website tracked thousands of Prime Day shoppers to see what people were buying this year. Here are a few quick stats.
1. The top purchases the last two days were Amazon Fire Sticks . . . Echo Dots . . . Amazon Gift Card reloads . . . Frito-Lay variety packs of chips . . . and Blink doorbell cameras. (Fire Sticks that are usually $40 were on sale for $17.)
2. The top five types of products we bought were household essentials . . . health and beauty stuff . . . electronics . . . clothes . . . and home-and-garden products.
3. People who shopped spent around $130 total per household. And 57% placed more than one order.
4. The average price per item was $34. And the average price per ORDER was $53, up from 45 bucks last year. More than half of the items we bought cost less than 20 bucks. Around 5% were big-ticket items over $100.
5. And finally: Even if you didn't buy anything, you might still GET something. Around 1 in 7 people said they bought at least one gift.