The Best Commercials of Super Bowl 57
The last time Fox hosted the Super Bowl in 2020, a commercial spot cost $5.6 million. But this year, a 30-second ad was $7 million. Sadly, you've already seen most of these, but that's the way things are now. So here's a round-up of the best ads: 1. Will Ferrell brings GM's electric vehicle into different Netflix shows like "Army of the Dead", "Squid Game", and "Bridgerton". He also dresses up as Dustin in the Upside Down from "Stranger Things".
2. Jon Hamm and Brie Larson did an ad for Hellmann's Mayonnaise where they played on their food-related names: Hamm and Brie . . . while hanging out in Pete Davidson's fridge.
3. Pepsi Zero Sugar had two commercials . . . one with Ben Stiller and one with Steve Martin. They would discuss the craft of acting, then say how good Pepsi Zero Sugar is . . . and challenge us to determine if they're being sincere, or just acting.
4. In case you're wondering what the E*Trade baby is up to this year . . . he's the best man (or best BABY) at a wedding for a baby couple.
5. Bryan Cranston and Aaron Paul returned as Walter White and Jesse Pinkman from "Breaking Bad" for PopCorners.
6. Jennifer Coolidge did a fun ad for e.l.f. Cosmetics where she uses their Power Grip Primer, and it's so effective she gets stuck to everything. It was written by "White Lotus" creator Mike White.
7. Paul Rudd got in his Ant-Man suit to grab a cold, non-alcoholic Heineken 0.0 from the fridge. He reads a note that says "No shrinking and drinking." It ended with an ad for "Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania", which hits theaters Friday.
8. Ben Affleck worked the Dunkin drive-thru in full uniform, with a Boston accent. He's visited by wife Jennifer Lopez, who asks him for a glazed donut.
9. In an ad for Workday,Ozzy Osbourne, Billy Idol, Joan Jett, Paul Stanley, and Gary Clark Jr. scold corporate types for calling each other "rock stars".
10. In his Crown Royal spot, Dave Grohl listed off numerous reasons to thank Canada for, like hockey, Rush, peanut butter, and even the earliest version of football.
11. Alicia Silverstone brought back Cher from "Clueless" for Rakuten.
13. T-Mobile had a few spots. In one, Bradley Cooper and his mom try to make a commercial, but can't stop laughing. In another, Zach Braff and Donald Faison are joined by John Travolta for a spoof of "Summer Nights" from "Grease".
14. Amy Schumer, Doja Cat, and basketball player Giannis Antetokounmpo teamed up for Google Pixel to show how the Magic Eraser tool on the camera works.
15. Uber One recruited Diddy to help create a jingle. So he brought in Montell Jordan, Kelis, Donna Lewis, and Haddaway to remix their hits.
16. Two dudes at a bar got in a huge fight over whether they were doing an ad for Miller Lite or Coors Light. But it ended up being an ad for Blue Moon.
17. Busch Light, and shelter. That's when Sarah McLachlan pops out of a tent with a wolf, and is told she's promoting the wrong type of shelter.
18. Pringles had a pretty relatable spot. They showed people from different walks of life getting their hands stuck in Pringles cans . . . including a surgeon, a bowler, a gameshow contestant, Meghan Trainor . . . and even a fetus. (???)
19. A Tubi ad had viewers freaking out, thinking they sat on the remote. It opened with the Fox Sports announcers from the game, but then it looked like your TV had scrolled over to the Tubi TV app and searching the streaming library.